Saint's 75g

saintsreturn

I guess that is part of my issue. I don't know how much flow to look for yet. Here is what I have, that do yall think?
75G display
HOB OF box PF800 (800 pgh....)
1" hard piping
20G sump (planning on about 13g water)

saintsreturn

Another question... Going to buy a reef octo skimmer. Is there any feedback on the standard versus the space saving one? I need the smallest footprint possible with my refuge, but don't want to regret it later. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

saintsreturn

It's my first skimmer and my first build so the excitement is killing me. I want to go start the refuge build but I need to sleep lol. Thanks again to everyone and I will be posting pictures soon as everything starts officially. [emoji1306]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

saintsreturn

Ok so here we go with the 20g sump build. I placed the skimmer inside for measurements and am working on a rough idea for the new pump. I believe these estimated measurements will be good, what do y'all think? First cavity is about 9". Refuge is 13 and pump section is 6. Tape simulates glass (obviously wider than actual glass) ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455848291.942521.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1455848308.183656.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1455848320.776397.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1455848333.129494.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1455848347.404403.jpg

Aqueon 20g
Reed octopus classic skimmer 110
Home Depot glass baffles
Sicce 3.0 return pump (need to order)

cracker

Where are the drains going to enter the sump? You may want the room to add a filter sock sometime.Consider taking a little off the middle/ref section to leave a little room for the skimmer section and make the return section a little bigger maybe?
Also I'm jealous of the water filter!

saintsreturn

I wanted the biggest refugium as possible. Maybe I will skim it down a bit and look at alternatives later. Thank you for the input. The pipes are going to dump into the skimmer and refuge section.

Yeah I couldn't take carrying buckets up three flights of stairs anymore. It was a must have

saintsreturn

Picked up a 19 gallon mixing bucket that I am going to build wheels for.

Temporarily lost my OF box and adapters.... Woke up extra early to work on the project. [emoji22]

saintsreturn

Decided to try something today after a visit to HD. I will test the glue hold and impacts on the material to see if I can use this for the last piece that goes into the sump for easy cleaning ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455901006.403100.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1455901126.261157.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1455901137.349376.jpg

So far it's a tight fit. I added glue to a spot on the hose to see if it sits on top, melts away or fuses with the soft pipe.

saintsreturn

Ok so I let it dry for a couple of hours and this is the result. You can see where the glue has fused with the pipe. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455906408.118741.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1455906436.396852.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1455906481.252498.jpg

After about five minutes of heavy pulling, twisting, and whatever I could do to remove the pipe.... I was able to get a little bit of separation.
I feel good enough to use this for my drain line ends :) ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455906564.044551.jpg

saintsreturn

Another update, I have been trying to pull these apart so I can use the coupler and that is not going to happen. I just bent a knife trying to cut and pull these apart. This method does lock in pretty nice!

Oxylebius

I like the various tubing push-in fittings that you can find in plumbing stores. That way nothing is permanent and can be disassembled for cleaning tubes or when issues arise.

Did you get those markings off the glass of the tank? If not, a little vinegar water might do the trick.

saintsreturn

Haven't even tried yet to be honest. Will work on it today and report on how it goes. Thanks for the feedback

saintsreturn

So I started plumbing and a test for for the hard plumbing. Ran into a slight problem.... ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455995191.612211.jpg