RSM250 Viparspectra 300 watt

Sidvicious

Hello all, I've been scanning these forums for a while now and finally made an account. My question is that I'd like to leave the T5 lighting due to the constant heat issues and changing the bulbs every 6 months. I'm looking at the Viparspectra 300 watt LED fixture, would this fixture be ok to use in the canopy? Thank you!

Sidvicious

The fixture would work, but I doubt it could be easily retrofitted into the existing RSM250 canopy. LED fixtures do throw off some heat, and usually have fans and need good air around them so they can keep cool.

If your looking for something to fit your existing canopy, consider Steve's LEDs. See this link (offsite) - https://www.stevesleds.com/Red-Sea-Max-250C250-LED-Upgrade--Plug-and-Play_p_192.html

Thank you for the reply, I've checked into that retrofit but the price is just well out of budget unfortunately. Is there perhaps a better LED fixture out there that would work better than the Viparspectra? The threads I've tried pulling up give me like a Doh response so my apologies if it's already been mentioned before. Thank you!