RSM250 micro bubbles.

Roberto Luo

Hi.

I just upgraded my left pump to a jebao dcp 4000. And changed the return nozzle to a Y (so i can split flow).

And i am getting micro bubbles now.

Any ideas? Skimmer problem?

RedSeaKev

RS Sponsor
First, turn the skimmer pump off and see if it resolves the issue, if it does you'll need to adjust the air flow, possibly the quicker flow rate has mixed more organics released from the system, if the skimmer is not the issue check the pump is getting a suitable supply of water, the No1 pump on the left is usually 2700 litres an hour raising to 4000 litres could cause issues slow the pump down, also ensure the suction is clear and getting a good supply of water.

Roberto Luo

Thank you for your reply. Yes when i turn off the skimmer the bubbles will go away i did for 5 minutes yesterday i will double check tonight.

The skimmer is working fine with the air valve fully open as usual or maybe i should get the tube out of the valve so it doesnt get restricted in anyway.

I will try tonight at home.

Cheeres

Uncle99

Micro bubbles are usually the result of a change in the surface tension of the water. One way this happens is using some proxies to glue coral to rock. Until the epoxy hardens fully, the chemical reaction lowers the surface tension of the water and the result.....millions of micro bubbles.
Leave skimmer off for 2-3 days and all should return to the way it was.

Pat24601

When I’ve has micro bubbles it’s been a result of my skimmers going crazy and producing a ton of foam, usually the result of me doing something with the water (like but not limited to glue).

I usually just let the skimmer run and hand empty the collection cup until it calms down, but turning it off for 2-3 days would probably work too.