RSM250 LED Replacement

chrispyt

Hi,
My dad has been looking to replace his T5s in his tank and i want to get him LEDs to replace the bulbs for Christmas. I'm not sure what would be best to use and if there are some that are somewhat inexpensive because i know there are some really expensive lights out there. Also I'm not sure if any kind of LEDs would work with his apex system he is running on the tank. The LEDS would have to fit in the hood where the T5s are placed. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif

I recently added this & love them ! If you have any questions about them Jeff at @StevesLEDs can answer anything - superior customer service !!!

http://shop.stevesleds.com/Red-Sea-Max-250-C250-SPS-Grade-LED-Upgrade-8794102433.htm

the hood you see in this link ^ is actually mine

This will be a drop in replacement, no cutting, no drilling, no modifications and 100% stock look of your hood. Just remove your old T5's lighting out of your hood, and drop this LED upgrade fixture in it's place.

This complete drop-in LED system is designed for use in the saltwater aquarium Red Sea Max 250 and the Red Sea Max 250C version.

• It is capable of supporting every fish, coral or invert (including Softies, LPS, SPS, and clams) from every ocean.

• Grows corals faster than the natural ocean.

• This is the brightest, most advanced, and simple to install LED system for the Red Sea Max 250 available anywhere.

• Includes the easy to program digital Typhon controller.

• Proven Luxeon ES premium LEDs in the 14,000K Super Full Spectrum configuration.

• 50,000 hour lifespan and limited 6 month manfacturer's warranty!

• Designed, manufacturered and assembled in Louisiana, USA!

Current lead time for this LED upgrade is only 2 days!

This promotional pricing is only available for the first 50 customers!

Excellent instructions will be provided, including short movie clips demonstrating every step of the installation.

Steps:
1) Take the hood apart (We demonstrate how to remove the screw plugs without scratching your hood!)
2) Remove the existing wiring
3) Drop in the new fixture and mount it using 5 of the existing screw holes
4) Close up the hood
5) Plug it in
6) Brag to your friends

Want to see how easy step 3 is? Check it out - http://stevesleds.info/drop_in_fixture.gif

Installation guide - http://www.StevesLEDs.info/Red Sea Max 250 Drop-In LED Upgrade 8172015.pdf

This is no experimental LED setup. We have spent 10's of 1,000's of dollars researching the optimal configuration for this product. This is a proven design that has been used in RSM250's in 27 different countries over the past 5 years. This recent V5.0 Upgrade allows you to drop this system into any RSM250 hood with NO assembly, NO modifications, and NO headeaches.

sirstan51

I recently bought the AI Hydra 26 HDs. I bought 1 set initially to test. I will need at least one more set, or 2 56s.

I love these lights, thou the previous owner of the tank had removed t5 setup for radions (which i think are too pricey).

Pros:
Cool, compact (fit with no problem at all) and CONTROL. You can change spectrum with these lights right out of the box, no controller needed which is really cool. Big plus is even if you want to run certain setups you can still use the full power of the lights (PAR). Plenty of power to grow any kind of coral. Freat shimmer.

Cons: Not really a con, but since youll mount aprox 10 inches off the water, you need a couple units.

Hope this helps. I highly recommend these lights. I bet your dad would too, but it can get pricey.