RSM C250 T5 Light Ballast - Discontinued

Anyone know where to get the light ballast for the C250 hood. There are 3 of them to power the T5 bulbs. I have one bad and maybe 2.

After being on order for weeks, finally got a call that Red Sea won't supply them anymore. This aquarium is only 5 years out of production and they don't supply parts for items that wear out. Really?

Anyone have a lead on where to get them now?

Thanks

Pat24601

I’ve been really disappointed in Red Sea.

I thought there was a thread around here somewhere where someone found an equivalent ballast, but I can’t find it right now. I’ll look more later.

Pat24601

DaveK

Ballasts for T5 bulbs are fairly standard. I don't know for sure, but with a little luck and/or retrofitting, you should be able to replace the bad ballast with something off the shelf.

If not, in spite of the cost, the LED retrofit upgrade may be your best choice. Usually, over time, the saving in electricity can more than pay for the cost of the upgrade to LEDs.

RedSeaKev

RS Sponsor
Anyone have a used left over from a LED upgrade?

Not looking to drop $750 on an LED upgrade. Just want to get my T5s working again.

Hi David. we are sorry for any confusion. The item does remain available but we are temporarily out of stock pending a delivery next week. I may be able to get one for you today though if your requirement is urgent. Please let me know and once our USA office opens I will check with them and confirm how to go about ordering one for you.

Thanks

I need at least one badly. I had one out for a few months and a 2nd for a week. Corals where not happy with one down and with 2 of 3 out now they are wilting. I would consider that an emergency.

Let’s me know who to call at the US office.

Thanks for the quick reply. Great customer service.

David

Red Sea in TX is taking ballasts out of their hood inventory to get me back up and going.

They are not discontinuing the ballast as I was told by a distributor...they are just on a long back order and after too long they made he decision to disassemble hoods to ship ballast to customer who need them.

Pretty good customer service.

RedSeaKev - thanks for your help.

Pat24601

Red Sea in TX is taking ballasts out of their hood inventory to get me back up and going.

They are not discontinuing the ballast as I was told by a distributor...they are just on a long back order and after too long they made he decision to disassemble hoods to ship ballast to customer who need them.

Pretty good customer service.

RedSeaKev - thanks for your help.

Definitely good to hear!