Rsm c130

hw80boy

Hi could anyone give me an idea of the import costs of a Steve's led upgrade to the uk and how up pay for the import duty thanks

DaveK

For something like this you are better off contacting the manufacturer directly. Shipping rates, import duties and so on often vary a lot. Also the manufacturer may have an agent in your area, so you can buy it locally.

hw80boy

Thanks for the reply . I have sent steves leds a message but no reply at the moment. Don't think they have a UK distributor

StevesLEDs

RS Sponsor
Hello hw80boy!

The cost to import seems to vary unfortunately, despite us putting the same harmonized tariff code on the customs form. We have heard customers paying anywhere from 7%-36% of the invoice total (excluding postage cost).

On a side note, we have had excellent reliability with packages getting to the UK damage free. Transit only takes about 7 days, and importing it is not a huge inconvenience. Once your package arrives, you'll be contacted to pay the duty, then you collect your package.

This cost is usually worth it since our LED systems are incredibly reliable (compared to chinese fixtures such as Kessil, Radion, Ai, etc) - you won't need to worry about replacement parts. If something does break, we have a 3 year warranty, and several sources in UK for ultra fast and inexpensive replacement parts.

Shoot us an email to Techsupport@StevesLEDs.com and I'll be glad to personally assist you with this.

-Jeff