RSM C-250 circulation pumps?

BellBoy04

I noticed that my circulation pumps are pushing a lot of water and noticed that my clown fish have a hard time with this. Should I dial them Down or just let the fish adapt to this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BellBoy04

I just purchased a Jebao wp-25 PH for my aquarium. I can't seem to figure out what is the best spot to locate it without pushing all of my sand out of spots, even on the lowest settings. Suggestions of placement?

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
I just purchased a Jebao wp-25 PH for my aquarium. I can't seem to figure out what is the best spot to locate it without pushing all of my sand out of spots, even on the lowest settings. Suggestions of placement?

I'm not familiar with the Jebao WP-25.
I run 2-VorTech MP10 on my RSM 250 at 100%. One on each end about 6 inches lower than water level.
A lot will depend on your rockscape and YOUR SAND GRAIN SIZE. Also, new sand bed that have not settled in and matured some will take some time to become more stable with your "reef like" flow.
If you have ever snorkeled shallow reefs, You have a better understanding of how strong the water moves over the reefs.
It may just take your sand bed time to settle (unless you have too fine of sand) before you start the stronger flow. What grain size sand did you put in?
The flow should not be too much for your fish if they are healthy fish.

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF

DaveK

A few points about circulation pumps.

If you think the flow is too high, dial it back a bit and see how you make out. It's easy enough to change it back, and it's not going to be very disruptive to the system.

For pump placement, every tank is different. Don't be afraid to move then around a bit. You almost need to do this to get the flow just right. If you stir up a little of the sandbed, it's usually not that big a deal on a shallow one, just move the sand back.

This is an area in the hobby where there is no "one size fits all" correct answer. This also means you can't go too far wrong. Change it around until it's right.

Danreef

Needs to go in one side in the middle upper part. Place the controller in W1 (wave mode) and find with the dial the correct frequency to have a 1 inch wave.

Adrienne

Needs to go in one side in the middle upper part. Place the controller in W1 (wave mode) and find with the dial the correct frequency to have a 1 inch wave.
Thanks for that info as I seem to have difficulty locating where to place my RW8 to stop displacing the sand. Your 1inch wave give me something to work with :)