RSM C-130 with BlueSpotted Jawfish Question

crownsbroyal

HI, I have a RSM C-130 and I am going to be getting a blue spotted jawfish. I'm trying to prevent suicide jumps, Do i need to cover the back of the tank on top of the back section or cover the back of the tank at all or should the lid suffice as enough to prevent carpet surfing. Let me know Thanks for your help!

Pat24601

I don't know the answer to this question. I don't have nor have I ever really looked that closely at a C-130.

However, InTank has a filtration cover that may ultimately be useful to you.

http://shop.mediabaskets.com/Red-Sea-Max-130-Filtration-Cover-RSM130CV.htm?categoryId=-1

EDIT: Oh, wait. Are you still running with the stock hood? From your question, I assumed you were running without it. If you are still running the stock hood, I would think you would be fine. Once again, I don't have a C-130 though.

crownsbroyal

Yes, still running with the stock hood but I have an LED retrofit in it. Im concerned about the opening in the back of the tank.

I don't know the answer to this question. I don't have nor have I ever really looked that closely at a C-130.

However, InTank has a filtration cover that may ultimately be useful to you.

http://shop.mediabaskets.com/Red-Sea-Max-130-Filtration-Cover-RSM130CV.htm?categoryId=-1

EDIT: Oh, wait. Are you still running with the stock hood? From your question, I assumed you were running without it. If you are still running the stock hood, I would think you would be fine. Once again, I don't have a C-130 though.

Pat24601

Yes, still running with the stock hood but I have an LED retrofit in it. Im concerned about the opening in the back of the tank.

OK. I’d be surprised if Red Sea designed the C-130 so you’d have to worry about jumpers, but since I don’t have one I can’t really speak knowledgeably.

I’ll let someone who has one chime in.

Last edited:

DaveK

If you have a jawfish, you will find that they can get through the smallest hole in the top. You need to close off all the holes with screen or plastic or something similar.

One word of caution, bluespot jawfish have some different requirement compared to some of the other fish kept. Make sure your aware of them. Sometimes your better off with a different fish.