Rsm 650 water level

eric w

Hi all,

Stupid question. How do you raise the level of the water in the DT? I know it is the float but which way does it go to raise or drop the level in the DT? Thx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DaveR11

Hi Eric,

In the DT isn't the level set by the overflow in the back right corner? The float in the sump only turns the ATO on and off. So the level in the sump will vary depending on how quickly the float is adding water from the ATO to replenish evaporation and how much evaporation you are getting but the level in the DT will remain constant. I guess adjusting the flow valve on the down flow in the back right corner might change the level in the DT, particularly if you had water going down the safety overflow but you might get more water flow noise that way. Not tried it to be honest. I've just set the down-flow valve to give me silent flow.

How is the tank doing?

eric w

Hey Dave thx.. I think the float adjusts it but not sure.. The water is like 1/4-1/2 below the rim of the DT.. Wanted to raise it if I could.. That's why I was asking because I'm not sure either.. The tank is good.. Added a powder blue and a couple cardinals.. Added some various corals but some of them died.. I have been battling phosphate.. Added a gyre for flow., running a reactor.. Tried gfo now trying phosguard.. It has to be leaching from the shelf rock I got.. Been driving me crazy.. So have been sitting on hold till I can get it under control..

DaveR11

On mine the water laps under the rim at the front.

I've got Caulerpa and Chaeto in the left hand side of the sump (with a cheap LED light running through the night) plus a bio-pellet reactor and I've never detected phosphates. The nitrates are currently 0.5. Not sure it is down to the algae and reactor but something is working. I didn't use dry rock but the real reef stuff plus a couple of bits of proper live rock , but then I don't have the fabulous scape you do.

Powder blue sounds great!

eric w

Thanks.. Yeah I think it is the rock.. I added a second di unit .. Both run behind a softner and ro unit.. I don't feed a lot.. So it is either the rock or my storage containers.. Driving me mad.. Sorry about your ich.. Stinks

DaveR11

Have you tested the fresh salt water before it goes into the tank? That would at least eliminate the containers? I presume over time it will all leach out of the rock so it is just a question of mopping it up either chemically or biologically until then. Are you getting a lot of algae growth as a result? Food for the powder blue perhaps?

125reefwatcher

the only way to effect DT water level is to raise or lower overflow. your overflow sets the water level.stop by you LFS and they will help.
good luck.

eric w

Im having some hair alage in spots.. And the glass needed a lot of cleaning.. The rocks are also a light green color.. I've cleaned the back area, blow my rocks, clean the sand.. Only thing I can figure is the rocks., anyhow thanks all..