RSM 250 led

Lbannie

Hi! I bought a running rsm 250 and I love it! Although I'd like to go bigger someday. The T5 fixture seems to be quitting. Only 2 bulbs working.
I want to go LED but keep the hood. I've found steves leds, but the price tag is scaring me. I've also found the reefbreeders photon v2 32 which is a bit less. Does anyone have experience with these? Any other suggestions (I'm not a diy-er)
I need to make a decision quickly since I have a torch, hammer, and bubble coral in there.
Thanks!!

DaveK

Since you want to keep the existing hood, and you don't consider yourself to be a DIY person, get the Steves LED upgrade. Yes, it's a bit more expensive, but it will drop right into your existing hood.

Don't be in too big a rush here and don't panic. Corals can exist awhile in dim light. If you only have one bulb working, make sure it's a full spectrum bulb.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
+1 ^ https://www.stevesleds.com/Red-Sea-Max-250C250-LED-Upgrade--Plug-and-Play_p_192.html

Love mine...

This is a drop in replacement, no cutting, no drilling, no modifications and 100% stock look of your hood. Just remove your old T5's lighting out of your hood, and drop this LED upgrade fixture in it's place.

This complete drop-in LED system is designed for use in the saltwater aquarium Red Sea Max 250, Red Sea Max 250D and the Red Sea Max 250C version.

It is capable of supporting every fish, coral or invert (including Softies, LPS, SPS, and clams) from every ocean.

• Grows corals faster than the natural ocean.
  • This is the brightest, most advanced, and simple to install LED system for the Red Sea Max 250 available anywhere.
  • Includes the easy to program digital HurricaneX controller which is pre-wired - OR Bluefish, which is wirelessly controlled via an app on your phone, tablet or computer!
  • Proven Luxeon ES premium LEDs in the 14,000K Super Full Spectrum configuration - This can be adjusted from 4,000K - 24,000K with the twist of a knob!
  • Less noise than stock fans
  • 50,000 hour lifespan and a 3 year limited warranty on LED drivers and power supply.
  • Designed, manufactured and assembled in Louisiana, USA!
  • Outputs enough PAR to blast and potentially kill most corals, so a detailed acclimation guide is included to ensure your success.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE INSTALLATION GUIDE

I went with the Reef Breeder v32. Once you take out the T5 fixture, it fit's right in there. I really like it!

Attachments

• Reefbreeder Light.jpg
    Reefbreeder Light.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 15