RSM 130D Fuse Likely Blown, Help Needed

Connor Puritz

Hello all. I recently had the entire hood of my RSM 130D die. The only sign that power was getting to the hood was the fact that the fans were twitching in place, but not spinning. Per the advice of Red Sea customer service, I replaced the fans, LED driver, and ballast, and all I got to work are the moonlights. I asked elsewhere for any help before I shelled out any more money, and someone recommended I look for blown fuses. The image attached shows what I think might be fuses. If so, where can I find replacement ones? Or is it more likely that the timer is the issue? Because that is really the only component left that hasn't been replaced, lol. Thanks for any advice.

Connor

Attachments

• photo-3.JPG
    photo-3.JPG
    140.7 KB · Views: 11

Desmond

DId you replace the relay in the hood ? The contactors could be gone in it ?
There are 2 supplys 1 for the lights for the ballast unit and then one for the leds . but both of these are connected to the replay and it is also connected to the lighting timer.

RedSeaKev

RS Sponsor
I can confirm the image shows connection terminals, based on the description of the fans pulsing the fault is likely to be the relay or possibly the timer, the only way to be sure is to use a volt meter whilst the hood is apart with power on the hood so obviously this needs to be performed by a competent electrician. if a wiring diagram is needed please feel free to contact me.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members

Start a tank thread & share your tank with us so we can follow along, we love pics :dance:

superfrog

The fault is most likely the relay from the description of the fans pulsing. It can't be the timer as the timer does not regulate the dc power supply. The driver in the rsm typically receives constant power with the control of the fans being handled by the relay. The relay should be easy and cheap to match up and swop out. I would give that a try first.