RSM 130 (original) looking to upgrade

jonathan marmer

Hi guys,

This tank has been running for years but has never been properly maintained. I am trying to get it started again and cleanup all the mess thats within it.
Everythings been going great so far, but i having some confusion with the carbon filteration bags and the Chem pure elite and seachem purigen. What filteration bags do i need for the skimmer and pump in the back left, and where do they go?

Also, if anyone can advise on a nice blue LED strip to add into my T5 holder and how the skimmer gate works, i would be very appreciated.

Thanks for your help RSM Fam!

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
:rbwwelc:to RS !

many replace the bag of stock red sea carbon with CPE (chemi-pure elite) carbon & gfo mix
and set a 100 ml bag of purigen on top of it... hope this help

We love pics, share your tank with us !

I had a 130D - a bit different than the original 130 (water window & different gate) but the key to play with the height... until you get it dialed in.

jonathan marmer

Thanks nanoreefing4fun!

where do i place these bags? on the back left side by the output pump? or by the skimmer intake on the right side?

Also, do you have any recommendations for a blue light strip i can easily add to my T5 setup? I'd like to have some stronger nightlight.

As you can see from the pictures, the tank has been running for a while but with lack of care, now that i have taken it over im looking to revamp the tank. All advice is appreciated!