RODI options

fidojoe

Fish Addict
So I am kicking around the idea of getting an RODI unit to save myself the hassle of hauling 5 gallon bottles to get refilled. I'm torn, though. I like the idea of the MaxCap system with all of the bells and whistles, but the price seems a little absurd at $100+ over other options. I also wonder how necessary all of it is. I've been eyeing the Typhoon III (ordered w/ 75 gpd membrane for the higher rejection rate), and I'm content with that pricing. I am fine with monitoring TDS readings manually, and I can add a dual meter for $30, if it really bothered me. Am I missing some other magical feature aside from a pressure gauge and some TDS meters that makes the MaxCap worth that much more?

I will also be using this for RO drinking water, so if anyone has a different suggestion than the 2 I'm looking at, it needs a RO only output. Doesn't need a tank, as it's going in my laundry room, and I'll be filling buckets/bottles manually.

DaveK

Not really. Most of the aquarium grade RO/DI units are very similar. Best of all they all use similar and interchangeable cartridges. You can even upgrade it if you want to add the additional parts.

This is one area where you can shop price. As long as your not getting out and out junk, you'll do fine

There may be some options you want to add later, but most are inexpensive.

cracker

Hey fidojoe, I have an ancient " Oceanus" 4 stage Ro Di filter. It has been making good pure water for close to 20 years. You don't need bells and whistles ! All You need is a good " calibrated" refractometer and change out the cartridges when necessary.