Ro/di changing filters how often

hummer41269

How often do you all change the carriage and di in your RO/DI ????

I have mine for a month. and the the DI is about 1/2 way changed color how long do thay last ?

I have made maybe 800 gal of ro/di

Do you change all the filters or just the DI one when needed ??
I have the pump and 80psi going thew it

puffermike

This question varies with the quality of water that's coming through your tap. My personal preference is to change out the membrane and all filters once a year. I swap out the DI resin whenever it needs it based on the color. The most efficient way however is to just get a TDS meter and test the water accordingly. That will let you know if anything besides the color changing Resin needs swapped out.

DaveK

The DI part of the usin is usually what you need to replace the most. They are fairly expensive. An inline TDS meter is best to use and only costs about $45. When you get a reading other than 0, it's time to replace the DI filter. I would not depend on the color changing.

The RO membrane can last for years, especially if it's properly flushed from time to time. As long as the water coming out of it is at a low TDS. Under 5 or so, and the flow is good, there is no need to replace it. This is good because they are expensive.

The mechanical filter should be replaced when flow goes down, but they are cheep, so I do them about twice a year.

The carbon block filter I replace twice a year. Just to be safe. They are inexpensive.