Removed some coral polyps and Yellow Tang died within an hour.. HELP!!

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
So, I spent the night with a 101 degree fever, muscle aches all over my body... I mean EVERY muscle ached, joints aches, upset stomach.. Just like having the flu.

I'm fine now after sleeping all day. My two frogspawn, torch, and hammer did not make it. My duncan and other zoos are just fine, as well as my clown and three damsels.

I will NEVER go in my tank again with gloves.

Wow - you're lucky! Thanks for posting what happened last night, and that you're better today. I think you meant you will NEVER go in your tank again without gloves?

Sorry about the lost corals, but they can be replaced - you can't be!

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
WOW....really sorry to hear that - seems like you got a bad case of it. What were the zoas you fragged? Maybe some pack a bigger punch then others?

David Shaw

So, I spent the night with a 101 degree fever, muscle aches all over my body... I mean EVERY muscle ached, joints aches, upset stomach.. Just like having the flu.

I'm fine now after sleeping all day. My two frogspawn, torch, and hammer did not make it. My duncan and other zoos are just fine, as well as my clown and three damsels.

I will NEVER go in my tank again with gloves.

Wow, a lesson to us all. Gloves and caution !

Am so pleased you are recovered, you must have been really worried.

jjmoneyman

RS Sponsor
I'm glad you're doing better now and I'm so sorry for what you went through. I have not always worn gloves when fragging or messing with the tank but I've been very good about it lately since I've been doing more of it. Hopefully everybody will read this and take caution when messing with the tank. It could have happened to me just as easy.

Yes I definitely meant I won't be going in my tank WITHOUT gloves from now on.

I wasn't exactly fragging, I was just trying to remove them. They looked like green button polyps, but a lighter color of green than I have seen in the past. They were taking over the tank. I should have just left them alone... Now my tank looks like the Dead Sea. :(

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
I'm surprised they caused so much damage......I guess another lesson here would be to keep them under control so you're not ripping and tearing them when they start growing too much!

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
I'm glad you're doing better now and I'm so sorry for what you went through. I have not always worn gloves when fragging or messing with the tank but I've been very good about it lately since I've been doing more of it. Hopefully everybody will read this and take caution when messing with the tank. It could have happened to me just as easy.

By the way I put in a link to this thread in the thread I mentioned earlier:

http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums...otential-stings-poisons-our-reef-tanks-5.html

Hopefully the additional bad experience will help others avoid this type of thing happening to them.