Reefkeeping Dangers

GeeWizzItsMe

Melanie, I read your unfortunate story... How did you collect live rock though; I thought it was illegal in Florida? Also, why did you have to remove it.?

vdituri

Caitrina the safety police.
Good info.
Now I've got to raz Melanie. I don't think I ever read that post. Wow!

caitrina

Caitrina the safety police.
Good info.
Now I've got to raz Melanie. I don't think I ever read that post. Wow!

Yepper, the safety police.....:lol: I thought it was time for another :bump: here

As for an addition, well how about moving the light fixture from the tank when you are cleaning around the top...might keep it from falling in the tank...the fixture that is. Andy, I do believe someone else on this site just had that issue, do you know who it was? ...I will not name names...... :lol:

Last edited:

tbittner

I chose to suspend my light from the ceiling for just that reason. I can raise it and lower it by pulling on some cables but it won't go any lower than 6" from the top of the tank before it hits the stops.

tbittner

Well, after getting shocked a couple times myself :bouncebox I decided that it's time to add as many precautions as I can think of. MANY of them were really inexpensive but I sleep SO much better. :D

forestal

great idea Terry... i just recently had one of my endcaps on pc light for fuge go smoky, so had to suspend higher and cover the fuge better

zimboy

After reading through nine pages of extremely informative info about the dangers of reefing, I realized one very important danger that has not been mentioned is THE DANGER TO YOUR BANK ACCOUNT!! BEWARE!! SEVERE FUNDAGE DRAIN CAN RESULT FROM EVEN ATTEMPTING TO SET UP A REEF TANK!! BE PREPARED TO SPEND ALL AVAILABLE CASH AND CREDIT ON YOUR PIECE OF THE OCEAN. (possibly your first born if you go with ELOS) THERE IS NO WAY AROUND THIS HAZARD OF REEFKEEPING. GET USED TO IT.
warning over