Reef Tank Upgrade

Frankie

RS STAFF
If I had to upgrade from 60+ gallons I would go 300....
On a realistic side, 120 is nice. I had a lot of fun and never felt I needed bigger.

puffermike

The 110 is going to be quite the challenge to move corals around and penetrate light that far down. They are a pain...... I have one. I'd go with a 125 it's a nice size!

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
The best way to pick a tank (if you have the luxury) is to decide what you want in the tank. The worst thing is to say you want X tank and then after you get it set up and buy equipment for that tank, you realize you want a more shallow tank, a longer, deeper one etc etc.

If you love tangs, go 6'. If you want an sps tank, get one that's wider with lower rock scape etc. Go big or go home is a good statement in my mind cause if you buy a 29g it only takes one polyp of peachy palys and in 4 months you have no more room!

Frankie

RS STAFF
If those are to big, a 90 is a decent size also.
I enjoyed the 75 when I first started but the height was a problem. I then went to a 90, then 120.
Now 60 shallow|: go figure. ...

3dees

if you want a four foot tank I would go with the 120. I have 150 lbs. of live rock in mine and none of it is close to the glass. the 24" of depth makes aqua scaping so much easier.