Reef Aquascaping Inspiration

DaveK

I've got to say that these tanks look too good to be true. They look like they were set up for the photo shoot and then taken down. In my opinion they are far too crowded with fish to work for any length of time, and they are far too clean for to have been set up and running for any length of time. Ever notice how in a long term tank there are just some places that you can't get to will get over grown with algae and other stuff?

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
New or established (no bubbles in sand so I say newer) they still look stunning! Aquascaping is an art that's for sure but looking at tanks like this really sparks some ideas!

DaveK

Hello all,
i wanted to share this article.
I hope you'll enjoy it as i did.
http://fish-etc.com/aquascaping-main/on-the-rocks-how-to-build-a-saltwater-reefscape
Happy reefing

I like the tanks being shown, and the guy does have a point. You can have some open areas in a reef system and it will look a lot better. Even so the "bad" example shown with all the live rock and corals is still an excellent tank.

In looking at the example tanks, I do feel some of them are too good to be true. Way too may fish, way too clean, obviously set up for the photo shoot.