RedSea NO3 PO4 help

MaryAnn

I just got this in RED SEA NO3 PO4 X NPX NITRATE & PHOSPHATE REMOVER NO POX 1000ML MARINE REEF

But I dont understand stand how much to add I have a 120 mixed reef .. just dont understand on the box I know they said to start out with half the dose. Any help would be appreciated

Sent from my SM-G930R7 using Tapatalk

Uncle99

I assume you are using NoPox because your nitrates above 10ppm.
No Pox requires addition at least once per day, everyday, if you happen to miss a day, do not double.

Dosage depends on nitrate and phosphate current levels, but my guess is about 10-15 ml per day, so you could start at say 5ml for a week, then measure nitrate. If it has not gone down a bit, move to 7ml for a week.
Follow this process until you get nitrate down to say 2-5ppm and it holds this range for a month. At this point, maintain that dosage.

One of the most important things with this stuff is any change must be real slow, no more than 1 -2 ml per day change.

I have been dosing 9ml in a 70g for 2 years, but now I am lowering as I do not need as much now because my bacteria is plenty and it is keeping nitrate low without as much " carbon dosing"

It does not work as well on phosphates, so after you get your nitrate in order, use a GFO to mop up this organic.

Hope that help, Red Sea also has a YouTube video which is helpful.