Red sea reefer 250.

akejan

Hi!
My tank has been running for 17 days. I have aprox 21kg dead Marco rocks and 15kg reefpink sand in it.
I started the tank with a tiny bit of live rock from my old tank and some bottled bacteria.

Equipment:
Maxspect razor 180w
Deltec sc1445 skimmer
Jecod dct4000 returnpump
Jaeger 150w heter

Current livestock:
2 Bangai Cardinals
1 spotted mandarin
1 peppermint shrimp
3 hermit crabs

akejan

A couple of days ago I ordered a cuc. 5 trochus snails, 5 nassarius snails, 5 hermit crabs, 1 shrimp and 1 emerald crab.
Should arrive next week.

Rini

Great that you have an logbook now :)
Will follow along.

How are the hermits doing with the snails? I do not have any hermits just because of that i'm worried that they will kill the snails.

mtsully71

just wait, taste just like chicken :biggrin:. Cute and crawly, but if they don't have enough to eat :shark2:

Moderation is good.

mtsully71

I have 6 in my 350, there are many factors that can contribute. But just don't get crazy with em.

Also, here ya go: If insufficient algae is present, most Hermit Crabs will need to be fed dried seaweed.

Last edited:

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Great start - Cheers for starting a tank thread ! Pretty rock & Scape !

index.php

mtsully71

Very likely oxygen being produced through photosynthesis. My tank is still doing this. You have only been at it two weeks. Keep an eye on your po4, that bottled stuff can do more than you need. keep WC's in check and watch your lighting period. You should be GTG

akejan

Glued a montipora capricornis from my old tank in the reefer today. The skimmer is beginning to produce some gunk at last. Getting some brown algea (diatoms) everywhere.

akejan

After 3 weeks I performed the first waterchange. Aprox. 17-18 litres was changed.
Still quite a lot of diatoms.

akejan

I am running the razor for 12,5 hours a day. 6 hours "full" power (35%-70%), 1,5 ramping up and 4 hours ramping down. The last hour is moonlight.
Thanks for the info.