Red Sea Max Website Updated!

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Thanks for the update! I wonder if it's on the market yet? Or when the surface skimmer will be available?

tyleratl

I called Pinky this afternoon and asked that very question. She checked and said that it would probably be mid to late December before she has the new surface skimmers.

chrome91

$1500 is a bit overpriced to me, you could set up a 75g with a 6 bulb T-5 fixture and high end equipment for the same price

steveh

Actually I think for the price, you would struggle to assemble your own 66gallon, 10mm rounded corner aquarium with 6x39w T5's, 8x led's, 3600lph from twin circulation pumps, a full sized turbo skimmer injecting 300lph air and 1000lph water flow, complete filtration and all built in to a timer controlled, fan cooled hood with one plug and a nice control box. All sat on a chunky cabinet rather than a knock down stand.
The skimmer alone is a really serious bit of kit in the M250 and I know I'm biased but having seen the systems running for a year already I can vouch for the ease of use and effectiveness of the system.

Iostream

$1500 is a bit overpriced to me, you could set up a 75g with a 6 bulb T-5 fixture and high end equipment for the same price

As someone who just set up a 90G, I would say that you would be hard pressed to set up a 75G tank, skimmer, T5s, etc for anywhere near that price. You are looking at over $400 just for the lighting. A decent skimmer, heater, some sort of mechanical filtration, and chemical will also cost a good bit, even using a sump with filter socks, etc I am guessing close to $500 for the filtration on the lower end. Now you need return pumps, moonlights, timers, etc. And we still haven't gotten to the tank itself.