Red Sea Max 250 Replacement Pumps

I need to replace pump # 2 in a Red Sea Max 250. I bought the Eheim compact 3000 for it but it seems too big and the green hose doesn't attach. I have the Eheim compact 3000 in the left side, pump # 1. What did everyone else use for pump # 2? I'm looking for a quick change with will fit the original green hose. Thanks

Trinny

I would be interested too, thinking of changing both pumps to the Eheim Compact 3000 as well help bring the noise and heat down a little. I will be removing the dedicated chiller pump I have too and plumbing in the chiller on the return

I haven't been on this site for a while but I guess it changed. Used to be really active. I'll check with another forum I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trinny

I have the 250C and just changed my pumps to Eheim Compact 3000, replaced the hoses with new 16mm (5/8"?) and they stretched over the 19mm (3/4"?) without to much pushing. The LFS sold me the Aqua One tubing over the Eheim tubing cause it stretched easier. The new eheim pumps have made the tank a little quieter, the stock skimmer is still loud though.