RED SEA 130C LIGHTING QUESTION

ninjatech

I noticed when I have the lights in the on position the main light is on ..the blue one and the white one bulbs are on..

When I turn it off...there are 4 small leds that turns on and thats it...reading the manual they call it moonlight...

Is that how it works supposed to be?..I thought the blue lights will come on the power compact light and the white one will turn off..

Are those 4 leds considered actinic light?? Please clarify this for me

Danreef

I noticed when I have the lights in the on position the main light is on ..the blue one and the white one bulbs are on..

When I turn it off...there are 4 small leds that turns on and thats it...reading the manual they call it moonlight...

Is that how it works supposed to be?..I thought the blue lights will come on the power compact light and the white one will turn off..

Are those 4 leds considered actinic light?? Please clarify this for me

Those 4 LEDs are NOT Actinic lights. They are the MOONLIGHTS. As I was thinking in your other thread.

The ACTINICS and the 10K lights are ON together to provide a full spectrum for your corals with more light in the 450 s range (actinics). Corals use more that region of the spectrum.

The MOONLIGHTS , are just for you to enjoy the tank at night with that soft blue light. But they are not needed.

Daniel

Oxylebius

Having the dim moonlights on won't hurt your corals and the corals can still go through the dark cycle that they need. I posted questions on your other thread trying to understand your lighting system. Your explanation here helps out. Agree with Daniel, you want the 10K and Actinics on during the daylight cycle, and the moonlights on for the dark cycle.

eQuatics

Might as well say it three times haha, your moonlight is really an esthetic thing, mimicking the idea that in the ocean, when you have calm seas and clear skies at night, the moon allows a little light for the fish, promoting some night predators to stay afar and other fish to breed. I run moonlights, and when my fish fill out their residency survey each year, they all agree it's much more pleasant with the moonlight. Most of them have a drinking broken, so it allows them to get home safe and sound... Lol took it too far or?

ninjatech

thank you
Those 4 LEDs are NOT Actinic lights. They are the MOONLIGHTS. As I was thinking in your other thread.

The ACTINICS and the 10K lights are ON together to provide a full spectrum for your corals with more light in the 450 s range (actinics). Corals use more that region of the spectrum.

The MOONLIGHTS , are just for you to enjoy the tank at night with that soft blue light. But they are not needed.

Daniel

thank you very much for clarifying that...thank you everyone learned something new ..:)