Red Sea 130 new to marine fish

Chris3515

hi all , recently purchased a complete setup Red Sea max 130 to ease myself into marine fish it’s something I have always wanted to do but was never quite brave enough to take that leap from tropical . The 130 seems a good place to start and would like eventually to get some corals . The tank is stock so looking for any upgrade tips to get things up and running correctly as I do seem to have an inherited algae problem .
I am also looking forward to being an active member of the forum.

Chris

DaveK

Since your new to SW systems, for the time being I would just leave everything alone. You may want to modify or upgrade things later. If you find that something is broken, then you'll need to fix that, but doing a bunch of mods or upgrades right now is likely to do more harm than good.

It sounds like you bought the system used. Algae issues are caused by several factors. here is a link to a post I recently made about algae control - http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forum/...ltration-recommendations.100642/#post-1342509

Chris3515

Thanks for the advise Dave i have completed a partial water change with ro and have the skimmer running all the time now , think the algae is already starting to die off as it’s going black ? Plan to add some snails to see if that helps too.