Rearing Picasso Percula Clownfish!

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Okay, thanks. I use the Algae Paste/concentrated phyto also to raise the rotifers but will use the live phyto in the larvae rearing tanks.

Woodstock

RS STAFF
I split more live phyto this morning

20080620splittingnannophyto.jpg

20080620splittingnannophyto1.jpg

vdituri

Homemade sprite!

I applaud you Doni for all the hard work you are putting into your little clowns.

vdituri

LOL!
At first I was thinking you had lost it.
Random outburst?

Then I scrolled back. Too funny. Thanks for the chuckle. :invisible

GSELLERS

Has been struck by the ban stick
you need to get a 5 gallon carboy kit...
progress016.jpg

here's my phyto...i have to have so much because my rotifers are crazy fast growers
progress013.jpg

progress011.jpg

the bottle all the way to the left is 7 days old.....it shows on the density stick less than 1 cmdepth before the circle disappears

Woodstock

RS STAFF
I would love to have a few carboys! I've seen those set ups and love them. But alas, I'll have to settle for my recycled soda pop bottles :D

GSELLERS

Has been struck by the ban stick
the kit is 12 bucks at florida aqua farms and i spent 10 bucks at home depot on the pvc parts....and i scrounged up a z-hills jug......get a 72" dual t5 light from home depot which will illuminate 3 carboys. replace 1 bulb with a 10k coralife bulb. and your phyto grows at almost ludacris speed.

plecosword

I am using a 2.5 gal also but am thinking of possibly using a 5gal next time.
I have the sides wrapped in black trash bags, a 50 watt heater, air tube (no airstone) and a dim light overtop

Here is a photo of it before adding the clown eggs, rotifers and phyto.
200806152houroldLarvae005.jpg
Is this the baby clown's home?

Woodstock

RS STAFF
That WAS the nursery. I just purchased a larger 10 gallon tank yesterday hoping it will be better for them.

Woodstock

RS STAFF
Spawn #3 on the 13th day!!

Just like clockwork on the 13th day they layed another nest of eggs - #3 spawn today!! :dance:

20080621Spawn3002.jpg

20080621Spawn3003.jpg