Rearing Picasso Percula Clownfish!

Courageous

Hi Doni.
What you do is excellent.
I have some questions
thank you

Question: My larvas are about 4 days and they all seem around the aquarium, i feed them with rotifer.
How can i use rotifer for maximum performance?
How many day should i feed them with rotifer?
Is there any other food the alternative of rotifer and what is the period of feeding larvas?
How can i arrange lighting system?

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Hi Doni.
What you do is excellent.
I have some questions
thank you

Question: My larvas are about 4 days and they all seem around the aquarium, i feed them with rotifer.
How can i use rotifer for maximum performance?
How many day should i feed them with rotifer?
Is there any other food the alternative of rotifer and what is the period of feeding larvas?
How can i arrange lighting system?

You should make sure the rotifer density in the fry tank stays high so there is plenty of food in the tank. Keep the water tinted a light green with phytoplankton (I use Reeds Mariculture paste) and use just enough light so they can see the food. You will need to watch them and ensure they are eating (rounded tummies) and adjust the light as needed. Feed rotifers for 2 weeks overlapping with either newly hatched brine shrimp (nauplii) and/or Otohime powder after 1 week. I would not attempt to raise them without rotifers.
Good luck!!

eileen

Hi Doni,

The fish I got from you two years ago have grown big and beautiful! I think the A+ turned out even nicer than the snowcasso, but they're all gorgeous. No babies yet though...hopefully this year!

Also, I need to ship some fish to Hong Kong and was wondering which carrier you find to be most efficient? Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Eileen

Ghosty

Incredible wealth of knowledge in this thread. Can't wait to go through the entire thing this weekend, heh. Amazing adventure, thanks for sharing Doni Marie.

Funlad3

Has been struck by the ban stick
There is no "messing with genes", she's just breeding clown fish that had been born with weird markings. They're perfectly normal and happy!

ChloralCoral

First off I want to say hi as I just joined but more importantly I want to say WOW! What an amazing thing you've done Doni. Are there any updates on your breeding projects? Have you considered trying to pair one of your snowcasso with your mccullochi? I would love to see this hybrid combo or lightening maroon-snowcasso hybrid.

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
'Tis true!
I've sold all breeding pairs and the Snowcasso Trademark. I've kept a single 65 gallon tank that I am gradually setting up to be a bluespot jawfish tank :) I should start a thread for it...

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
ABSOLUTELY start a thread !!! Great to see life allowing you back on RS Doni, would love to follow your tank & I am sure all the RS members will enjoy your sw wisdom!