Really Blue Tank

jringold

Hey - Sorry for the cross post but I originally posted this in the RSM forum but thought this might be a better home for it:

Mornin’ all!

My RSM 250 continues to grow into ‘awesomeness’! One thing I’d like to change is the lighting. I want to keep the stock T-5’s but the tank is extremely ‘blue’. I’ve seen various posts about others adding led strips. But I have no idea what I need that would counteract the deep blue the stock bulbs give. Anyone have suggestions? I’d like to know what strips you installed with the T-5’s, colors, etc. and what change you noticed once the install was complete. Also, let me know what accessories you added. I’ve seen some options that would allow me to simulate sun-up and sun-down.

Speaking of the sun-up and sun-down – how would that work? I’m thinking I would set the T-5’s to come on 30 minutes or so after the LED’s are at the highest intensity that I set and then have the T-5’s shut off 30 minutes prior to the LED’s going off. Is that what others have done that use the LED, T5 combo?

Take care,
Morgan

dacianb

Warm white leds will bring your spectrum to a lower Kelvin temperature. I dont have a combo, but only LED system, even with tons of deep blue / violet leds I can make a sunny yellowish tint in tank by increasing the white LEDs level.