RC Submarines

Cassette87

Those are certainly neat, but I'd be weary of putting anything in my tank that I'm not sure of it's build quality or materials. At the very least you know there is a copper wound DC motor in there, and copper plus reef means disaster. No question it would be cool to hook a webcam to though... :)

Those are certainly neat, but I'd be weary of putting anything in my tank that I'm not sure of it's build quality or materials. At the very least you know there is a copper wound DC motor in there, and copper plus reef means disaster. No question it would be cool to hook a webcam to though... :)

Mines not a reef... my bros is though...

I have a puffer tank, eventually will just become a preadator tank, do you think they would be able to bite into it and expose any wiring (resulting in electrocution)? Sorry, this may be a stupid question, not familiar with rc stuff, thats my bros area of expertise...

SubRosa

We sell them.The instructions state that it can be used in FW, but make no mention of SW.I wouldn't do it.

John

Cassette87

Many fish do have issues with Cu.. it's typically used for treating ich.. but is very difficult, if not impossible to maintain the tank and expect to ever totally remove the Cu.

chrome91

i personally wouldnt trust it, like others said theres probably copper, which is dangerous around corals and inverts. i would also be worried about the sub catching any fishes fins

I have a puffer tank, eventually will just become a preadator tank, do you think they would be able to bite into it and expose any wiring (resulting in electrocution)? Sorry, this may be a stupid question, not familiar with rc stuff, thats my bros area of expertise...

You don't have to worry about that. Everything in there is low voltage. Not enough to damage bacteria.

You would need better than 48 volts to get much reaction from your fish.

Peace...
John