Radion acclimation

whoadude

For those of you who have modded your tanks with radions, what settings did you use to acclimate the tank to the new lights? Right now I have my radions connected via apex and set intensity to 50%, just wondering how fast I should be increasing intensity.

whippetguy

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
I started at 50% and ended at 55% and my corals and anemone are doing fine. I don't plan on increasing it further. My light is about 10 in above the water. Hope that helps.

blackbeltmom

PREMIUM
My Radions are in my hood. I started at 20%. Increased 5% percent per week until I reached 55%. Everything is doing great.

KarlyBoy

I had mine ramp up over 1 month from 50% to 100%, now I have a profile that ramps them up from 5% at 7:30am, Thro to 100% at 1:30PM for 1hour, the then drop Down to 80% for 3 hours, then back to 100% for an hour, then ramp down to 5% by 11:30Pm, then they run blues based on the Apex Season Table.

The profile has multiple points, but it essentially rising by 5% every 30 mins, reds and greens mixed in, UV running 100% alongside Blues.

jvelkgrove

I had mine ramp up over 1 month from 50% to 100%, now I have a profile that ramps them up from 5% at 7:30am, Thro to 100% at 1:30PM for 1hour, the then drop Down to 80% for 3 hours, then back to 100% for an hour, then ramp down to 5% by 11:30Pm, then they run blues based on the Apex Season Table.

The profile has multiple points, but it essentially rising by 5% every 30 mins, reds and greens mixed in, UV running 100% alongside Blues

KarlyBoy, Are you using Apex Fusion to control your lights? I'm looking for information on what % of UV would assist in coral growth...