quiet one 3000 pump for 90g?

althea2you

will that be enough flow? it puts out like 780 gph. this isnt for me, but for the person who bought my other tank. im helping him build a refugium and he bought a return pump... the rainbow Lifegard Quiet One Aquarium Pump 3000 so i was wondering if that was enough for a 90. thanks in advance!

madgaffr

I used the QO3000 on my 75 with the standard AGA Megaflow kit and had great results. I had to slightly throttle it back, so I would think the 90 would work well!

althea2you

thanks alot!!!! im gladf.. i know next to nothing about what gph works best with what size tanks and all.. LOL.. so thats great!!!! appreciate the help!

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
how is it being used? they are kinda weak in head pressure but nice for closed loops other than constantly stopping from calcium buildup, Ive got 2 6000's for my return

althea2you

well, its being used as the main return...the guy that bought my old tank is setting it up and said he bought the QO3000. It looks as if he is a college kid...so i think he is buying whatever he can come buy to get by.. he actually has gotten great deals on stuff.