Quick Introduction From A New Starter

neildradford

PREMIUM
Hi guys n gals,

Just wanted to say hey as I'd like to think I'll be around these forums frequently from now on.

I have never had a proper aquarium before, although I did have a very brief (and unsuccessfull) attempt as a teen with a small freshwater tank.
The tiny bit I know about starting a reef aquarium has come from a work mate who started one about 4 months ago, and of course reading as much as I can here and elsewhere online (oh and 3 kindle books I bought).

I don't really know what I will be wanting to stock in the tank, but I do currently have two clowns and CUC consisting of snails and cleaner shrimp. I do intend getting corals but will go as slow as my brain keeps up with learning, maybe only softies for a while, until I get a better understanding.

I would love to have a Mandarin Dragonet, such a beautiful fish, but I'm sure this will have to wait until I have confidence in what I'm doing (he may be the last fish in).

Anyway, enough rambling, that is me, hope to chat to you all soon.

Neil.

Last edited:

neildradford

PREMIUM
Thanks Greg, I think I read that link before, but I reckon it probably wouldn't hurt to read it again.

Thanks,

Neil.

P.S Sorry just noticed your sig says to call you Greg, so I edited my post lol

Last edited:

neildradford

PREMIUM
I do have a quick question if I may. How do I change my sig to link to my tank thread? Seems I don't have the option to link in the sig editor. Or do I need a certain amount of posts first? I did search for the answer, sorry.

Neil.

Last edited:

neildradford

PREMIUM
That's the trouble, I don't have a link icon. Maybe I'm doing it all wrong? I'm going to edit signature in user cp, I have a text box with a bunch of icons above it, none of them are a link icon. Underneath it says 'allow link bb code-no'.

Neil.

Last edited:

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Try this, go to User CP, then on the left select General Settings.

goma-albums-general-pics-picture25616-2.jpg

Then scroll to the bottom and ensure "standard editor - extra formatting controls is selected.

goma-albums-general-pics-picture25615-1.jpg

Then you should select this:

goma-albums-general-pics-picture25617-3.jpg

neildradford

PREMIUM
I'll give it a go, thanks heaps.

Edit: I did that, but the link icon still isn't there. Weird. Must be to do with that link bb code set to no, maybe?

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif

Start a new tank thread & share your tank with us so we can follow along - we love pics :)

neildradford

PREMIUM
Hi nanoreefing4fun, I have started a thread, trouble is, I can't add it to my sig, as mentioned above.

Cheers, Neil.

neildradford

PREMIUM
I actually don't have it sorted so I'll have a read. Thanks heaps

edit: ha, didn't even realise that reef chronicle thing was underneath my avatar, cheers matey.