Question for you reefers with gynormous tanks

sambrinar

This may seem like an odd question, but my office staff is in discussion of starting a rather large wall tank in our office. I have a little one and they are jealous :ignore:

My question is how in the world do you guys/gals know when/where some thing has died. I realized the levels of the tank should tell you. But how in the world do you find it amoungst all those georgous rocks, corals and critters??

No flying buzzards ;) Just courious Thanks

GSELLERS

Has been struck by the ban stick
if you are seiously into your tank which you should be....you will know every critter, bug, bug hiding spot, coral, and crack in your tank :)

Triggerjay

In addition to what GSELLERS said, large systems have the ability to "absorb" dead organisims to an extent. A large CUC works wonders as well. I had a naso tang die in my 300g system. I could see it, but could not get to it without tearing the whole tank apart.. I left it, and never saw an ammonia spike. The crabs had it worked over rather quickly too.

Jason

blue_eyes53813

Most things you can find.. Once in awhile things slip into the rocks and dont show up but your clean up crew will take care of it..

sambrinar

Very good to know, thanks for the replies. I look for my critters every day and do a head count (at least to see if their heads are where they are supposed to be) and sometimes, they hide very well.

I know that I have to find them in my little 12 gal, or I will be sorry.

Thanks guys,