question for all about their mixed reef tanks

twoclowns

Just curious what people are keeping together. I read a thread about people not being able to keep xenia long term and it made me think about my experiences.

I use to keep soft corals xenia, colts, leathers, with LPS (frogspawns, hammers, brains) together with great success then I started to add sps too. I upgraded my halides from 250w duals to 400W dual and lost my xenia in the process. It slowly wasted away to nothing, I have an extremely hard time keeping zoas they seem to do well for a few months growing well, then they slowly become less and less until they are gone. All my lps, sps, and gorgonians are all doing really well so I would assume its that the amount of chemical warfare going on is stopping the zoas from doing well.

Oh I traded away all my leather corals years ago, so its pretty much all hard corals 3 types of gorgonians, and several zoas that mostly arent very happy now.

Please post your experiences with mixed corals and include tank size, what types of corals, how long the tank has been set up, how long you have had mix corals, frequency of water changes, and any other info you think would be important.