Quarantine Tank for Sand Burrowing Wrasses

7of8Zab

Hi All, I'm new to this site and I need some info on a new Quarantine tank. I have several fish that I will need to quarantine including a Juvenile Dragon Wrasse, a Naso Tang and a pair of Clarkii Clownfish. My question is after much research, I've decided on a bare bottom tank for ease of cleaning, etc.; "Is this going to be ok for the Wrasse since they normally burrow into the deep sand bed? I have some small pieces of Live Rock as well some PVC pipes in different sizes for the fish to hide or hang out in on the bare bottom, currently. " I'd appreciate any input that I can get. Thanks

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
The good thing about a bb QT tank is that it can be turned into a hospital tank quickly. You would need to remove the live rock though and by doing that you'd impact your biological filtration. I'd recommend using a foam/sponge filter this way you can keep that in your tank during treatment. Granted the treatment may hurt/kill the bacteria but its your best bet along with water changes.

As for the wrasse, get a bowl or Tupperware container and put the sand in there, he/she will find it