PSU’s Peninsula

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Well folks we started off with getting a small cube style tank “just for the kids”...... and it led to me purchasing a new Waterbox 6026 peninsula tank. 60”x26”x24 with roughly 180 gallons in the system before sand/rock displacement.

More to come as it comes together but the process has begun!!

Pancho75

Thanks! One thing about this hobby hasn’t changed...... it’s still expensive lol
Oh no my friend, that is still the same !

dd6bad162d52792364978a030ad5ce44.jpg

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
OK Folks, after a whole bunch of back and forth, researching this and second guessing myself on that, I've come to what I think will be system I'll be running....... Actually it will be because the stuff is ordered!

• Tank/Stand/Sump - Waterbox 6026 - 60"x 26" x 24" Peninsula ~ 180g all in ( 140g display ish)
  • Lighting - DX18 4 bulb T5 fixture - adding 3x Gen 4 Radion Pros to it to make a combo light
  • Skimmer - Bubble King Mini 200......should be an absolute monster and quiet with the RD3 pump!
  • Controller - full Apex with additional EB832 strip
  • ATO - Tunze Osmolator
  • Return Pump - Vectra M2 - I bought 2 so i have a backup on hand!
  • UV - EA 50w
  • Sand - Mix of fiji pink and special grade
  • Rock - Using Dry rock that I've kept over the year due to the cool structures - will add a bit more (125# ish)
  • Powerheads - 2x Tunze 6015 0 starting there and i'll look at the MP40 addition later.
Plus all the other jazz you need.......Got all that too but not worth listing!

Open to everyone's feedback and/or questions!!

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Ordered the water mixing barrels today. Attaching a picture I found online as I got these exact barrels and will be setting it up very similarly.
11416BF6-6EF3-4029-9C10-EA113E7DC90C.jpeg

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
I’m told the tank is shipping this week!!!

Also ordered my Pisces clearview lid today, gotta have wrasses in my tank so I gotta have a lid!

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Got it full of water today just before the overflow. Everything seems to be holding so that’s good!

Sourced all my qt stuff today, I’ll be running two tanks, 29g each, one for an initial medication run of two weeks, second is clean SW and will be for observation