Protein skimmer not skimming

Jasem

On my 3rd day of the cycling process and suddenly the bubbles in the skimmer are not reaching the cup at full power too, a day ago it was fine and was also spilling water over the cup, what could be wrong ??

Dracko

Skimmer should not be running during cycling process first of all. Secondly when first setting up the skimmer it will need to be watched, and readjusted for a while. But don't worry to much because a skimmer requires a break in period. I am new to them myself, but that is what I found too. But I do believe you should let the tank finish it's cycle first.

pablomay28

I believe you should run your skimmer while your tan cycles. That way the skimmer can break in while the tank goes through the cycle. Once the cycle is complete your skimmer will be ready to go and you will be familiar with the adjustments and operation of the skimmer. I have had the same issue and it can be either to low of a bio load or to big of a skimmer.

Jasem

I believe you should run your skimmer while your tan cycles. That way the skimmer can break in while the tank goes through the cycle. Once the cycle is complete your skimmer will be ready to go and you will be familiar with the adjustments and operation of the skimmer. I have had the same issue and it can be either to low of a bio load or to big of a skimmer.
Thanks a lot ill keep it running then and see how it works out