problems with lighting

chelseagrin

hi everyone i am new here, and i am having quite a few problems with my 5 gallon sps reef. i ordered a par38 bulb from amazon for 62 dollars and 3 weeks in all the blue led's stopped working, i returned it but now am questioning the quality and the ability for this bulb to grow coral. i have looked many places and am wondering whats the best reasonably priced led system for a nano? im not looking to spend more than 80 or so bucks.

Frankie

RS STAFF
Hmm. that's a tough one for me. There is a sponsor here that sells these LED bulbs that are supposed to be great. I am sure someone with experience in these will chime in soon.

Welcome to RS chelsea :)

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Hello :wave: and welcome to RS.

5g with SPS sounds really interesting :) love to see pics :)
You may want to check out BoostLED and tell them BigAl sent ya. I've used one of there bubls and it was extremely high quality. The problem for any quality light system will be the $80 limitation. I'm not saying its not possible but you'll have to be careful and don't get hosed. BoostLED is my suggestion. I only ran it for a lil while testing (marrital issues made me break the system down) so I can't attest to longterm use etc but it seems to be very well made and designed.

Good luck and we need pics asap :)

Happy Reefing :)
Allen

Sent from my BigAl's Berry using Tapatalk