Probable starfish ID please

I bought a small piece of live rock from the LFS last week from one of their display tanks at the same time as I got my new Goby / shrimp pair - the idea was for them to use it as a burrow - of course they had other ideas!

Anyway, I then noticed we had a HH. At first I thought it was another bristle worm (we have three of them HH with live rock) but it was reddish and then I noticed it had at least three legs. To begin with I thought there were two worms close together (I could never see all of it because it was half in a rock crevice) but then when I was flicking through my Marine Invertebrates book I realised it may be a spiny brittle star.

Can anyone confirm this ID (or correct me) and also advise if I should keep or not - the description in the book says "can be a valuable addition to a reef aquarium CUC" but finishes with "may occasionally capture and eat an unwary fish"!

Thanks for your help.

Col
DSC02766_zpsfa097ab0.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
DSC02772_zps36de0ef8.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

sirrealism

Tank stalker is right on. the red brittle star is a great reef safe star. Yes the Large green brittle can be predator

Thanks guys, looks like a got a good freebie from the LFS!

I will look after him - do I need to feed him some food of some sort?

Col

Joeys Tank

If he is the only star in your tank, I think he will do just fine. Stars do eat alot and it is possible he will consume all of the life in the top layer of your substrate. Mine go crazy over pieces of deli shrimp.