Pocillopora and Leptastrea

engineer goby

Has been struck by the ban stick
Just got these two from JJ and they look even more amazing in person. I know I will post pics either tonight or tomorrow night just popped in for a quick question. Should I target feed these guys? I also got a crocea clam he's about 2" should I target feed him too or will the broadcast be enough.

I'm super excited about everything I got today and really excited to be trying my hand at stick farming.

dmatt88

Just got these two from JJ and they look even more amazing in person. I know I will post pics either tonight or tomorrow night just popped in for a quick question. Should I target feed these guys? I also got a crocea clam he's about 2" should I target feed him too or will the broadcast be enough.

I'm super excited about everything I got today and really excited to be trying my hand at stick farming.

All these guys will do fine without. Don't give either too much light. The clams fine with more light. Start em low buddy.

.........yep. I'm a reefer.

dmatt88

The monti will welcome light. Take ur time with the monti n envision it the size of a dinner plate. Its a showcase piece. Move it n move it til ur ready. Then cut off the plug n glue the jigsaw piece to rock. I can't wait to see pics.

dmatt88

Thanks buddy. I also got an awesome Monti, my arms will be getting salty tonight

Speaking of Montis. Mine r growing together after I cut em in half a few months back.

2012-04-19_18-27-12_484.jpg

whippetguy

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
which leptastrea did you get. I had a frag of the orange/red one and killed it when I changed out my bulbs. I loved it's color, too. I came close to re-ordering, but I don't have a good spot for it.

engineer goby

which leptastrea did you get. I had a frag of the orange/red one and killed it when I changed out my bulbs. I loved it's color, too. I came close to re-ordering, but I don't have a good spot for it.
Electric Green. I only had it for 10 hrs now

engineer goby

The Pocillopora is doing awesome great polyp extension and it's starting to look very hefty. The Lept is doing well its feeders are always out and the Monti is probably 10% larger then original size. I will try to get pics tomorrow

engineer goby

Here are the updates:
These pictures are from around April 19 when they were fist added to DT
Pocillopora.jpg

Leptastrea.jpg

Taken May 20th

pocillopora2.jpg

Leptastrea2.jpg

I moved the Leptastrea to a slightly shadded area just off the sand bed with low flow and it seems to really like that.
The Pocillopora is in the top 1/3 of the tank in an area of med to high flow