PLEASE ADVISE.... DYING LONG TENACLE?

DaveK

How big a tank do you have?
How long have you had it set up?
What kind of lighting do you have and what are it's specs?

A few general notes. Anemones require top quality water and very stable tank conditions. They also require excellent lighting.

How long have you had your anemone?

Anemones are often a bit "unhappy" the first week or so. Also, leave it alone unless it's in real; danger or trouble. It usually knows where it wants to locate. You touching it just makes it retract. They must move around a bit to dig in and anchor.

Your anemone doesn't look like it's in bad shape, except that it's not yet anchored itself.

Sandra obannon

The tank is sort of new but not new..... I bought it from a fellow reef keeper on cl who no longer wanted to be in the hobby. I brought it home and combined my luvestock with his livestock. That was two weeks ago. It's a 65g marineland long.two strips on top both are marineland.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 17

Sandra obannon

I just got the long tenacle yesterday. He was the biggest nem I've ever seen. Now he's the sickest looking I've ever seen

Sandra obannon

Perhaps top quality water is my shortfall right now. I had my first living organism die on me yesterday. I lost a sebae. I didn't know it was dying. For the past four days it was laying on its side and just not opening up. I got on here and did a little digging around to discover information on a dying sebae..... I immediately took it out the tank but my water was already turning cloudy. I did a water change and added some stresszyme to the tank. The sebae was not very far from the new long tenacle when I was making my discoveries.....perhaps some of the sebae's poison got to the long tenacle.....idk. I do know my long tenacle is not normal right now

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 15

FishNerd

Sounds like the toxins from the nem got into your water. I would suggest starting some water changes over the next few days. Nothing crazy maybe 25-30% do like 5 or so. You may consider activated carbon as well if you are not using it. What are your current water parameters? Did the other nems in the tank look bleached out before this incident? I'm not positive but the lights may not be sufficient for nems. When I was new I learned the lighting requirements for BTA nems the hard way. Waiting to see others comments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: