planning phase of a new 180 tank ???

cracker

Good evening Everybody, I haven't checked in for some time. There is really nothing to add concerning the new 180. I do want some Op's on what type of tank I want .I keep changing my mind ! This will be a fowlr tank. I'm not skilled enough "yet" to keep corals in a tank this size. So 1st I wanted a rowdy tank with a few larger show fish. Like tangs & an eel maybe a trigger & puffer. But now I'm considering a nice peaceful tank with lots of smaller , mellow fish . I remember mentioning he liked mellow tanks. So today I was at the LFS and saw a few real pretty mellow types. In particular a Spot-band Butterfly. I read up on this fish ,fairly hardy & peaceful . I still have the Copperband in the 75. I think she is doing fine in there.
She spends her day picking at the rocks & mooching every time I walk into the room. Not very stressful with only 2 much smaller fish. A sunburst anthias & a lawn mower blenny. However I know she would like a bigger tank. So a tank with 2 butterflys doesn't make for a rowdy tank for sure! So far there are only a mated pair of clowns who have settled in an island at one end. I really liked the spotband it looks nice and healthy.BUT I will not make another impulse buy ! I just want Your Op on what type of fish You would keep in a new 180 fo tank. Thanks !

Oxylebius

Nice update. I'd go with a more angelfish and butterflies. W/o corals you can do this. There are a number of fish that don't get that big.