Pink spotted Goby

redneckgearhead

Hey everyone, Im looking at getting a pink spotted goby. But Ive read that they need to be fed twice a day! Anyone have one that can give me their experience with it? Good fish to have? What are you feeding it? Are you feeding twice a day? Thanks

nunlef

We loved our pink spotted goby (Pinky). We had him about a year, and he was over 6" long when he finally jumped - yes he was in for a year without incident, that is why i took the cover off. ours ate SF frozen marine mix(or blend, can't recall the name just now) I thought he was a little reclusive, but when he did come out, it was great.

BTW, pod population in our sandbed was high, I only feed 3 times a week, and he did leave GINOURMOUS piles of sand, of course he was a big guy. We also bought a candy striped pistol (named brain, of course) at the same time hoping for a match, but our HUGE serpent star ate him within minutes of getting in the tank. They can pair up with pistols, though.

redneckgearhead

OK thanks. I'm debating getting one for the wife's 55 hex. She only has a mated pair of maroons and a pair of cleaner shrimp. There are hardly any pods yet, since the tank is only been cycled since January. So I might wait, on it. I don't want her params going nuts from feeding a lot. Thank you so much for your help!

ccbsopp

Mine eats anything. He's actually quite plump. I will give him a piece of silverside( drop it in his cave) a couple of times a week when I am feeding the anemone. On other days I will give him a couple of shrimp pellets. He also eats the Formula One, Formula Two, small tidbits of squid and shrimp.