Ph

W Churchill

I'm constantly reminded by posts here and by my retailer not to worry about fluctuations in Ph between readings taken just before and at the end of each daily light cycle.

Thing is, I don't have such fluctuation my Ph is steady at 8.2 whatever time I take my reading. Is this good or bad.

I realise it's good in one way, but is something that should be happening not happening and could it be a problem.

BLAKEJOHN

nope thats a good thing. some of us run a reverse light cycle to try and achieve a stable ph throught a 24hr period.

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
I don't have such fluctuation my Ph is steady at 8.2 whatever time I take my reading. Is this good or bad.

This is a real good thing and uncommon IME but are you using a ph monitor or test kit ? Are you dripping kalk during the evening hours ?

W Churchill

This is a real good thing and uncommon IME but are you using a ph monitor or test kit ? Are you dripping kalk during the evening hours ?

It's a test kit, it only has colour bands every 0.2 but it's easy enough to estimate to 0.05 if you follow what I mean, for example my smaller tank (48 ltrs) varies between 8.15 and 8.3. (but if I'm truthful I don't give my small tank the same attention)

No Kalk, I use a one part supplement which I add 2 to 3 times a week. My other readings are also reasonably stable (Alk 8-11, Ca 400-405, St 12-14, Mg 1410-1440) Temperature is a bit of a nightmare for me, I put a heater in but it has never come on again since it warmed up the water for the first time, I have to use a chiller which operates between 24-26, obviously when the lights are on the temp may well be a little higher (or at least fluctuate more) than when the lights are off.