PFO Done ? And All LED Aquarium Co.

Boomer

Reef Sanctuary's Mr. Wizard
All Aquarium LED companies
http://www.reefbuilders.com/2009/02/03/big-trouble-brewing-future-aquarium-leds/

Orbits claim
Orbital Technologies Corporation - LED Aquarium Lighting Statement

Some guys are going to try "and get the national media in on this to try to put some pressure on Orbitec to stop their selfish lawsuit. At 25% royalty PFO would have to sell 4000 $1000 lights for Orbitec to receive even $100K, which is more than both parties have spent in legal fees already. This is just stupid and the last thing this country needs right now."

I new Pat was under lawsuit as I have talked to him about it an helped a bit but did not know it was this big.

I am just pisssssed :(

Boomer

I have seen all of that :)

None of those posts really tell what is really going on.

Varga

The link to view the actual discription of the lawsuit does not work for me. I only see the pro-PFO article.

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
I have seen all of that :)

None of those posts really tell what is really going on.

Don't know what you mean by, "...really going on." but both of the articles you posted were posted by Frankie in the "Solaris Owners Attention" thread. If you have new information, we'd like to see it.

DaveK

While PFO sure has it's hands full right now, I doubt if this will stop LED lighting for aquariums in the future. The other vendors will simply sell their fixture as a lighting fixture, for any purpose.

It reminds me of how grape juice was sold during prohibition. The label would contain words something like this "Do NOT add 1 cup of sugar to the contents, and allow it to stand for 10 days. This will cause fermentation and produce alcohol, which is illegal".

Varga

Could it be Orbitec is angry that PFO has destroyed their innovation thanks to the negative feedback generated by Solaris?

lcstorc

BS of course, but unfortunately they will probably win.
Does PFO have a patent pending? I guess it doesn't matter no but I am just curious.
If they want to produce a light and compete with PFO then more power to them, but trying to monopolize the industry is just wrong. LEDs have been around for a very long time.

Boomer

Scott, I missed that one by Frank form reefbuilders ;)

I've got Pat working on another lighting system if he does not go broke :) I can say no more ;)

Dave

:lol: :lol:

chipmunkofdoom2

That's the sad part.. LEDs aren't new technology, yet there are very few LED fixtures out there. Why is it so difficult for companies to slap together a LED fixture? I know for a fact if a company would just put out a simple, cheap LED fixutre, I'd be all over it.

AQTCJAK

RS Sponsor
Scott, I missed that one by Frank form reefbuilders ;)

I've got Pat working on another lighting system if he does not go broke :) I can say no more ;)

Dave

:lol: :lol:

Well you speak to pat on a regular basis working on a new lighting system Tell him to send spare parts for every lighting system that I have issues with from the G's H's I's Every part I need @ least 15 of each to fix the lights they marketed now have no support for.

I for one am very upset about this issue I dont care if they are being sued or not they should provide the support for ther product no matrter what.

lcstorc

It doesn't sound like they are even there to get it.
Hopefully I'll be able to get part if/when I need them. That think cost me an awful lot and was supposed to be an investment to save money over time.

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
I would buy from PFO again if they get this all sorted out. I'm dedicated to their innovations and forward thinking technology. Not only that, as an owner of a Solaris I4, I would like to have some support in the future.

I do agree with Jack though, they should continue to service those customers whose fixtures are still under warrantee. It seems they have not only abandoned their employees, but their loyal customers as well.