Peroxide dip or spot treating live rock tips?

Slammed01

Any tips for a peroxide dip or spray? Slight hair patches when rock was in old neglected tank, want to put it in my new tank. Been in a tote with powerhead for a awhile but with newborn hard to get out there n change tote water plus prob has years of crap in it. No corals just coraline, may use a small piece undipped to seed

Old rock in new tank, much more rock in tote

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
is it GHA or some other kind? Without light the algae should go away.

DaveK

If you have had the rock in a tote with a powerhead, test the nitrate and phosphate levels of that water. You may have done all you need to do.

Using peroxide is similar to using bleach. Don't do it unless you really have a problem. Most of the time rock in a neglected tank can be rehabed with out such drastic action.

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
If you have had the rock in a tote with a powerhead, test the nitrate and phosphate levels of that water. You may have done all you need to do.

Using peroxide is similar to using bleach. Don't do it unless you really have a problem. Most of the time rock in a neglected tank can be rehabed with out such drastic action.

Yeah a good flush with clean water and good circulation should really help them......couple that with a good CUC in your tank and they should be OK unless you're dealing with something nasty.