peroxide dip forrock experiment

cracker

I have a smaller rock. It's all dried out and covered with dried out HA and such.
I want to dip this rock in peroxide to see if it will clean out this algae. How strong do I make the solution? I have a big bottle peroxide I think I will add it all and add just enough water to cover the rock. Hey I'm running out of stuff to do while I wait for rock to cook. I'm willing to try anything just to keep busy ! Pic soon.
Before

Last edited:

DaveK

You can use peroxide, but bleach is a lot less expensive.

Consider the amount of rock your talking about. Sometimes the best thing is just to toss it, and replace it.

cracker

Hello Dave, It's just a small piece,Be a shame to discard it. I already have a decent rock garden out front from all the rock I've been thru in the past. Most of it never should have been put in a tank !

Last edited:

cracker

It turned out just ok, I want it to dissolve/breakup the dried HA. Will try the bleach next

cracker

Sorry for the late reply, I ended up nuking the entire piece in bleach. It indeed cleaned the rock of any sign of algae. Been soaking in Ro water for weeks now. Kinda forget about it.