Parts

DaveK

I assume your talking about a topfin cf100 canister filter. What part are you looking for?

Outside of the impeller, replacement parts for many canister filters are almost impossible to obtain. You may need to replace the entire filter. Yea, I know that's a pain, since a new filter is about $200. If it's any consolation, similar stuff has happened to me more than once. Some simple plastic part breaks, and since no replacement parts are available, I have had to replace the whole thing or get something else.

If you do need to get another canister filter, I suggest going with Eheim. They usually do have replacement parts available online, and tend to keep the same design for quite some time. Like anything else llike this, they do cost a lot more. Great stuff but expensive.

This brings up another question, what kind of system are you running the canister filter on? Usually in SW reef systems, canister filters are not the best choice, for several reasons. So if your back to replacement, you may wish to consider something else.