Pancho75

Is the tank ready for Xmas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not quite ready my friend!!

I came back home to find out the reserve tank system is not working properly and the skimmer is not doing its job. That is taking a toll, some SPS are suffering a bit.

I am now in Mexico City but tomorrow I will go back home and will work all Thursday in the tank.

Here is a pic on how is the tank now.
54810124c033e2b2393c4ef2012723b0.jpg

Pancho75

Yesterday I really worked in the tank with one friend literally all day, deep cleaning the skimmer, return pump, circulation pumps, skimmer, changing the aquascaping, fragging the duncan and the candys and settling new tank mates.

Here is one of the new tank inhabitants.
3b75540123955e9a1c3172a21cdaec2d.jpg

SPR

Yesterday I really worked in the tank with one friend literally all day, deep cleaning the skimmer, return pump, circulation pumps, skimmer, changing the aquascaping, fragging the duncan and the candys and settling new tank mates.

Here is one of the new tank inhabitants.
3b75540123955e9a1c3172a21cdaec2d.jpg

Looks great Pancho, and really nice picture!

emvanburen

I am not getting the pictures here in Vietnam but based on comments sounds like your reef day was productive ! A good maintenance day is a good thing!

Pancho75

I am not getting the pictures here in Vietnam but based on comments sounds like your reef day was productive ! A good maintenance day is a good thing!

Thank you! I think the maintenance was very much needed!

Enjoy the Vietnam weather!

Reactions: SPR

Pancho75

I had to “fight” the anemone, she wanted to move and move and move!.... so I rolled and rolled and rolled the rock I exclusively set it up for her, finally I won and it is now sitting in at top the of its rock.
b8d18cbe6cfc0adacf64e78f91d65cd0.jpg

One the green/blue chromis is hurting, I moved it to the sump where I placed a rock and the chaeto algae. I will give him away to the LFS as credit before he kicks the bucket.

Today I will replace the Carbon Matrix and will keep monitoring the C-Skim... I am now seriously thinking replacing it as it is now struggling with the biomass.

Here are the lateral shots:
4e6f0095363aa3e9f63806e453d3c62d.jpg
aa4fcdc58af6d4650b46b28978c45a15.jpg

emvanburen

Today I will replace the Carbon Matrix and will keep monitoring the C-Skim... I am now seriously thinking replacing it as it is now struggling with the biomass.
I totally love my reef octopus with the dc controllable external pump. Simple to pull the pump and clean it. Awesome to be able to adjust pump speed via apex (or standalone) and comes with a overflow shut off. One vote for that one.

Pancho75

I totally love my reef octopus with the dc controllable external pump. Simple to pull the pump and clean it. Awesome to be able to adjust pump speed via apex (or standalone) and comes with a overflow shut off. One vote for that one.

What reef octopus model are you using???

I need to replace that Soviet era skimmer, not only is struggling with the load but has also became really noisy!