Pancho75

I was continuing with the preparations to get more spare parts or upgrades however this guy appeared in my screen first and I had to buy it as I am Back to the Future fan.
43EAFC0E-12CA-4B54-BA75-F91F62A61968.jpeg

Last edited:

Blue Space

ROFL!! :D

It even comes with with his optional, "Great Scotts!" facial expression. Get it NOW! While supplies last... Limited Stock!

Expert craftsmanship including the bump on his forehead inspiring the flux capacitor! Buy Now or lose this opportunity forever! :)

Last edited:

Pancho75

Some crappy news, the neon dottyback bullied my new diamond goby and he jumped through the net... I guess he was too small or too timid, I hate when they jump.

In the positive side the chalice is recovering and the new torch are doing good also. As I am still dealing with high nutrients NO3 5 ppm and PO4 0.5 ppm I am planning to get a better fuge light to encourage chaeto growth.

The clock is ticking, 3 months more and I’ll be enjoying the tank with a glass of tequila.

Nobbygas

I have the Red Sea netting, and when I had to replace my old expired Goby I had three smaller ones force their way through the net. Eventually the fourth one didn't have these suicidal tendancies.

Pancho75

Sorry to hear about the diamond spot goby, man! When you get back, maybe you can get some smaller netting for your topper? Anyhow, I'll raise a glass with ya!
Yes, that Red Sea net is too wide, I need to find a better net and the glass will be large not a small shot!
I have the Red Sea netting, and when I had to replace my old expired Goby I had three smaller ones force their way through the net. Eventually the fourth one didn't have these suicidal tendancies.
For me is the second one, the first jumped long ago, I thought it was an isolated incident. I will get a watchman goby next time to try to avoid the conflict with my dottyback.

Pancho75

Guys, are you using moonlights in your reef?
I would like to start using the lunar function but I am not sure if I should trim my current 12 hrs photoperiod or if if the lunar period can be added regardless and what kind of intensity should I use. Any orientation about the subject will be appreciated.

Pancho75

After some digging and some advices I set up my lunar settings from 9PM to 11PM using 5% in the UV, V, RY and B channels. However I set the lunar cycle to start at 8PM to reduce the total light, so my lights will vary depending the moon phase from 8PM to 11PM. This IMO is low intensity, however it stretches my photoperiod to 14 hrs, I hope this will not stress the corals but to promote coral development.
72F6C90F-AD31-4907-A9DA-267978F91FBC.png

Blue Space

how bright are your moon lights? just barely emitting any light, I hope. If so, I wouldn't think it would hurt.