Nobbygas

Are we talking about the circulation pumps? If so, they are easy to remove. The connection to the 'out' nozzle is just a bayonet fixing. Just undo that, from the inside of the overflow box, and lift the pump out.

Pancho75

I am only talking about the grills or vents not the nozzles connected to the pumps.

The grills/vents were very hard to take out as I assembled them backwards and my freaking clown fishes did make it any easier.

I didn’t have to touch the nozzles nor had to take the pumps out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SPR

So presumably the pump has to come out first and then reach into the back and unscrew the grill? Perhaps I need a trapeze to get back there!
Ed

The grills just unscrew out, it just means you have to reach down and get them, using a trapeze!

They come out easily really and I have 4 spares that I just swap around, every year or so when I can be bothered.

Pancho’s grills were difficult to get out because he put them in the wrong way lol!

The rear circulation pumps have become one of those jobs I don’t want to do, albeit they are relatively easy to change and clean, but I just thing I’ll leave it until one fails and then do it. Or buy a new tank!

Pancho75

Looking great Pancho. At least the camera will give you a little peace of mind.
Thank you discol76, it is tough to be away from home and from the tank. The only good thing is I got to spy on the living and dinning rooms as I can turn the cam 180 degrees on each direction, I have surprised my oldest boy two times already while he walking by LOL!

Pancho75

It has been two weeks since I left and the report is good so far, my oldest son is helping and of course my friend from the LFS. My kid is doing great job I must say. Water parameters are good, corals coloration and growth is ok, only the dinos are still a problem. I ordered the UV filter I will installed if I go early on May otherwise I will ask them to install it.

The camera is working fine, I can watch the fishes and corals ☹️ talk to the family and I found I can spy the family from time to time. lol

The whole moving is tough, I forgot how difficult it was. Find a house, set up banking with no ID, Social Security, appliances, buying furniture and of course you have to keep working and live in a hotel for a while. However everybody have been super friendly and I believe it couldn’t be better.

This week I’ll be in TN and then head for Japan for a week.

Last edited:

Pancho75

I returned home after a month, God I wanted to see my wife and kids. It is good to be home [emoji41].

The tank is doing good, everything is happy and with good colors. Even the red montipora digitata is coming out of its zombie state. The Blue Tang was almost double its size and the Gold Wall Hammer is doing great. Everyone is ok except for the red linkia starfish who is missing I guess it will be wait and see. Before leaving I had to separate it from the Setosa and the GPS as it was eating them.

Yesterday was for water change and place the new aragonite, I still have pending the UV filter and on Wed I will drive to the LFS to search the Diamond Goby again, I feel lucky this time [emoji16].
234731cfab2202f4134ab90786e5fb6f.jpg
65bfb1b01255e2a0e86998b5ce953adc.jpg
d2fd053513fbd3c1840c9c1c5b04258d.jpg
b07fac3565c921ee4648d00cbfc13d08.jpg
182d0797c82c439c6afa49a112aa0fae.jpg
464bad884c8d10f528d4def296552d03.jpg

Pancho75

I buried the dinos with the new aragonite hahaha, die dinos! die! I also ran a second 3 days blackout and nothing has showed up after 5 days....

I believe they will return anyway so the UV filter its a must. For the new Red Sea things I believe I will do wait and see if the reviews from first adopters are good.

Reactions: SPR

Pancho75

Somehow I got to the LFS today [emoji4]

Luckily I found a small Diamond Goby going around a rock after checking if he was healthy I quickly told the owner I will take it.

Then I saw a Cleaner Wrasse and took it as well, I was really happy with both fishes but I was already there so I decided an active Six Line Wrasse I saw in the beginning will be going home with me!

My wife was very supportive as always and then she said “after seeing you here shopping I think I will go to the mall”.... lol

I quickly drove back home and placed the fishes in the tank the Cleaner Wrasse immediately got to work on the Yellow Tang and the Fox Face. The other two fishes are a bit more timid but I think it will be 2 or 3 days for they to be completely fine.

Here are the new guys in my tank:
ad90b0fa6a7c331b3cfa6a5b58fd0fc4.jpg

bce97e066920b0b0eb72794c6d90c983.jpg

65a3f27e8acb7b57fc126d231b551a3f.jpg

81bf1283884f526d0cada9543da822c9.jpg

f5946cb4a9209f38c9f0277a6375329c.jpg
b3d61b8101ad14435f74efb040b95c12.jpg

Last edited:

Pancho75

The Cleaner Wrasse are great fish to watch when they are cleaning the other fish as they just hover in the water. Well until the Wrasse nips a little to hard! Lol

Tanks looking good Pancho.
Thank you Shaun, it is really cool thing to observe, especially since the Cleaner had only about 2 min in the tank! The Yellow Tang and the Fox Face immediately went for their “treatment”, the only trouble the Cleaner Wrasse had was with a grumpy Pygmy Angel who chased it after getting his job done hahaha.

Pancho75

Before leaving home again for another month a took a drive to my 2nd favorite LFS...

I brought some really nice frags, Rainbow Monti, Mystic Monti and Ricordea Florida.
643a36136429e97f2b985b71535f481b.jpg
95b5f0a32a12588a0e46ffd75949788c.jpg
8c55c32e928eefc6a47ec45f5123d642.jpg

After 9 days still no dinos, are they gone for good? I hope so! Also missing in action is my Red Linkia Starfish.

And look who finally decided to say today hello.
b650c10d191f2220d7a91a503f7b66a7.jpg
28f24cd25c9eda5a2168941bdc32ee73.jpg

The Diamond Goby was upset my while I approached to take him pictures lol.... great personality, I already love him.

Nobbygas

The Cleaner Wrasse and the Orange Spotted Goby both fulfill important functions in the tank. I find my OSG keeps the sand very clean, without causing a sand storm. He tends to stay low down. Some sand shifting Gobies suck up the sand, then rise in the water to release the it, causing it to go every where.
As for the Cleaner Wrasse, they are a must have. I always seem to see them on every dive I've ever made !